Wednesday, January 05, 2011

les Abeilles (Little Bees)

Shawlettes made from sock yarn are fun, fast knits. I received this yarn and pattern as a Christmas gift exchange. Pattern is called les Abeilles from www.knitspot.com and yarn is Hazel Knits artisan sock 90% superwash merino and 10% nylon. It is very soft and has a nice sheen. Needles I used were US #5.

Love this edging!



And the center panel!
I added one repeat of lace pattern to make 5 repeats instead of 4-something about odd numbers being more symetrical or something. Plus, I'd rather have more patterning than garter stitch. The necklace is a Christmas gift from my husband.



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Christine P. said...

Why thank you! Do you remember that part of the deal is we get the shawl that is knitted back? You do beautiful work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home