Sunday, January 02, 2011

7 Small Shawls

I have fallen in love with the shawlettes by Romi (Rosemary Hill of www.DesignsbyRomi.com). She makes beautiful jewelry, especially shawl pins, also.The shawls are small and made of sock yarn, so knit up fast, are fun, beautiful designs, warm, and practical, and beautiful. She set herself a goal to design 7 shawls before the end of the year and she made it. Four are published in the e-book, 7 Small Shawls already and the last 3 are going out to the test knitters any time now. I am thrilled to be a test knitter and watch my e-mail several times a day to see if the first one is out yet.
Maia. I loved every stitch of this shawl and hated to see it end.
Needles US #5
Yarn: Three Irish Girls Westerly Sea Sock. (Another favorite of mine.)







Elektra. This was a fun knit, too. I placed the beads with a crochet hook.
Needles: US # 6
Yarn: Zen Garden Serenity Silk. Wonderful, soft yarn. I did run out with just over the bind off row left, so rather than rip back and shorten the shawl, I ordered another skein of the yarn. In the book, 7 Small Shawls are patterns for little extras, so maybe I can find something in there to use the yarn-or add it to my stash.



Celaeno. I did one less repeat of the plain knitting, afraid I'd run out of yarn as my yardage was less than the pattern recommended.
Needles US #6.
Yarn: Silk Road North Woods Godiva. I found this yarn at Shepherd's Harvest in May from someone in St. Paul-local. It was wonderful to work with, too-70% alpaca, 20% silk, and 10% cashmere, much too nice for socks.
Beads were from Joann's-a big mistake. I found them to have inconsistent holes, so had to use fine wire to put most of them on which was doable, but a pain. (Romi has excellent tutorials on her blog for putting in beads.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home