Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Quotes Meaingful to Me

I have never been able to explain why/how knitting helps me listen and learn, so I loved this quote from Perri Klass in Fall 2010 Knitter's Magazine. "Knitting was my way of tying up-or soothing that restless roaming piece of my mind which couldn't relax and open up to a story I really wanted to hear, or to information I knew I needed to learn."
Two quotes I like from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's 2010 Page A Day Calendar:
Saturday, August 14/Sunday, August 15.
"'Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic.'--Anonymous"
Saturday, October 16/Sunday, October 17.
"'The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings.'--Dave Weinbaum. In case you missed it, I think that's permission to start another sweater."
Thanks, Perry and Stephanie.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home