Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mister Ben

What fun he is! But I didn't expect him to be so big. I used the needle size recommended in the pattern thinking it would be all right as I'm usually a tight knitter, but wish I'd gone a size or even 2 smaller as the stitches were quite big when I stuffed him. After I put on the first ear, I had done it much too low, so while taking it off, I accidentally cut a yarn on the monkey which I then had to repair (just by using duplicate stitch over several stitches on each side of the cut.) When I told my husband I'd had a disaster with my monkey, his comment was, "the whole monkey is a disaster."
Pattern: Mister Ben by Two Old Bags
Yarn: Cascade 220
Needles: Size 4-double point and 15 inch circular

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Pooch said...

Cute monkey! Are you going to knit clothes for him too?

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home