Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Two Socks on Two Circulars


Finished! And both socks are identical in size! That is my only positive comment on knitting both socks on two circulars. This is my personal feeling, I just do not like making socks on two circs-I just don't like all those needles hanging around. Since I've make socks on double point needles forever, I am more comfortable with doing them that way. (I was very happy starting a new sock last night on dpns especially since the needles are KnitPicks new Harmony needles and I just love them!)

Pattern: My generic sock with a Knit 3, Purl 1 rib down the sock, down the heel, and down the instep. The heel is Gerdine Strong's heel from Knitter's, Fall 2003 and was developed by her to give a larger heel area to use for patterns. I like the way it looks with self striping yarn as the stripes continue down the entire heel rather than being interrupted for the heel flap. On the Strong heel there is no heel flap and no picking up stitches for the gusset.

Yarn: Regia Designer Series with this colorway by Kaffe Fassett. My socks are fraternal twins as I did not try to match the stripes.

Needles: Size 2. 2-24 inch circular


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home