Monday, September 03, 2007

Cobblestone Cowl Neck Sweater

The Cobblestone Cowl Neck Sweater being blocked. It is actually square, but is distorted by the angle I took the picture. Believe me, when I downloaded the picture I did go to check the sweater for sure. As I knit it, I counted and marked the rows every 4 inches determined by the row gauge. That made it easier to measure because of the ribbing effect of the stitch pattern. That is also why I blocked it before putting in the sleeves.



Pattern: ShibuiKnits
Yarn: ShibuiKnits Baby Alpaca. A lucious, soft yarn, a delight to work with.
Needles: US Size 5
I did some things differently from the pattern. The body was knit in the round to the armholes and the sleeves were knit in the round. I did short row shoulder shaping which I had never done before but which I really like the way it looks. I used three-needle bind off for the shoulders.


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger lv2knit said...

Very pretty sweater! Gorgeous color and yarn. I thank you for your comments and I hope to see this beauty in real life some time!

Those foam pads are supposed to be great -- I know other knitters who swear by them. Thanks for the great tip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home