Monday, December 18, 2006

Rona Lace Shawl

It is done and I'm so happy with it! It took over 2 days to block as I ran out of blocking pins, so I completely pinned and spray starched about 3/4 of the shawl and sporadically pinned the rest. When the first section was thoroughly dry, I finished pinning the rest and gave it a spraying of starch. For a better picture, I put it on the bed with a dark sheet under it. Note-that is a queen size bed which it completely covers and hangs over!

Pattern: Rona Lace Shawl from KnitPicks. There are some mistakes in the pattern, but are published on the website. www.knitpicks.com

Yarn: from Joslyn's Fiber Farm. www.joslynsfiberfarm.com

Needle size 6. I did have to graduate to a 32 inch circular needle. I prize myself on never needing anything longer than a 24 or 29 but when I snapped my expensive (!) rosewood needle pushing stitches around, I gave in and bought a longer needle-not rosewood.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home