Friday, October 05, 2007

Two Socks on Two Circulars

This is a personal challenge! I am a dedicated four double point needle sock knitter, and I tried a sock on two circulars, and just hated it. All those long ends dangling just drove me up a tree, but I could say I'd tried it and knew enough so I have been able to help other people do it. But, I do have SSS or Second Sock Syndrome so tried this technique.
I used the book, Knitting Circles Around Socks by Antje Gillingham to get started, but now have just gone off on my own.
The yarn is Kaffe Fassett's colorways done by Regia and the socks are fraternal twins.
Note the numbered markers. In order to work the socks equally, the markers are numbered 1-4 and I make it a point to knit all 4 pieces before putting the knitting down. It also makes it easier to know where I am.
I am enjoying this project and might continue doing all my socks this way. At about this point in the knitting, I looked at it and thought, "Wow, I don't have to figure out how to get ribbing on the second sock to match the first!"

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Antje said...

Dear Red Hat Knitter

I am thrilled to read that my book, Knitting circles around Socks, helped cure your SSS. :)
Don't you just looove putting on your socks after the toes are closed?

Happy sock knitting,
Antje Gillingham

 

Post a Comment

<< Home